Monday, July 30, 2007

Baby Shower Favor Ideas

Remember going to birthday parties as a little kid? You always came home with a goodie bag. Sometimes it would contain candy or bubbles or a pinwheel. It was so fun to go to a party for someone else's birthday and come up with a little present for yourself.

Bring a present – get a present. We still get to do that as grown-ups … only now we call them "favors."

It's a nice gesture to have something that your guests can take home with them after the festivities are finished. If your shower will be like most, you'll probably play some silly games. No game would be complete without prizes or favors.

It's a good idea to have a little something for everyone to take home. Here are a few ideas:

  • How about a little tin candle with a custom label that reads "Your friendship lights my day. Thanks for being part of my special day"?
  • Most everyone likes chocolate. Little boxes of chocolate that read, "You're so sweet. Thanks for coming to my baby shower." Or a little package of nuts wrapped in tulle, "You're nuts. But that's why we're friends – thank you for coming to my shower."
  • Lotion is always a good little favor for women. Be careful not to get something too fragrant – as some people are bothered by strong scents.
  • A small gift booklet with the inscription on the inside cover: "I appreciate your wisdom and support of my new baby." Or "Thanks for all times I've cried on your shoulder, I appreciate you." Or if you don't feel very sentimental how about simply: "Thanks for coming to my baby shower. June 1, 200x"

The truth is that it doesn't really matter what you offer as a favor. It's a small token of your appreciation for the time your friends devoted to celebrate your baby.

No comments: